INFORMATION For Attendees
The Volunteer Fair will take place at Kerby Centre in the downtown west end on Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Attendees are invited to come by between 12:00 noon and 7:00 pm to meet and talk with as many exhibitors as you fancy.
If you are coming over your work lunch hour, you can also be extra efficient by visiting the Kerby Centre dining room. Between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm, the Kerby dining room has a variety of quick bites and hot meals available at very reasonable prices. You can grab lunch for as little as $4.00.
We have spoken with many people over the years who express interest in becoming a volunteer, but they just don’t know where to start. There are so many organizations and so many causes. It’s confusing. Even if you know what cause or area of interest is most compelling for you, it is challenging to choose among the various organizations who do work in that space.
The Calgary Volunteer Fair wants to make all of this easier for you. We want to give you the opportunity to explore your options in a casual, no-pressure environment where the only obligation placed on you is to show up and be curious.
A valued volunteer at Calgary’s annual Latin American cultural festival, Fiestaval. Photo courtesy of Fiestaval.
Attending the Calgary Volunteer Fair will cost you nothing but a bit of your time. But you will come away with so much information about the many, many ways that you can become more involved in your community.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
- Are you new in Calgary or looking to build your social circle? Volunteering can be an incredible way to make new friends who share your interests. It’s easy to bond with people who care about the same things that you do.
- Do you want to gain experience in a skill? Volunteering offers many unique opportunities to contribute to the well-being of your community while building out your transferable skills.
- Would you like to be healthier and live longer? A recent study showed that being a regular volunteer correlates with being healthier than those who do not volunteer. Sure, they don’t know why, but it’s worth a shot, no?
- Are you a young professional looking to build professional connections? Joining a non-profit board can be a great way to build relationships with others who are already in or working towards positions of influence.
- Do you like fun? Most volunteers have fun, regardless of why they do it.
To stay in touch about the latest news about the Calgary Volunteer Festival, you can sign up below to be on our mailing list. We’ll let you know what organizations will be exhibiting and provide some tips on how to maximize your experience.
Sign up for updates!
Be the first to find out the latest news about the Calgary Volunteer Fair.